MAR COPPER-PRO ELITE 78
The MAR COPPER-PRO ELITE 78 is an alkaline non cyanide or pyro copper system designed to plate on a variety of base metals. This system is non-toxic, mildly alkaline copper plating solution designed to deposit a fine grained, smooth and ductile copper layer. It can also be used on zinc-based die-castings and aluminum but may require a strike solution.
Some of the advantages of the alkaline non cyanide pyro free copper strike are as follows:
- Contains no cyanides.
- Fine grain lustrous deposit.
- Ductile smooth deposit.
- Excellent covering power.
- Good adhesion on aluminum and stainless steel.
- Can be used as a pre plate to acid copper.
Plating Solution Make Up
Make-Up With Liquid Concentrates
- Half fill plating tank with clean water, preferably distilled or deionized.
- Add, in order, for each 100 gallons of plating solution, stirring after each addition:
- 30 gallons Elite 78-MU
- 10 gallons Elite 78-C
- 5 gallons Elite 78-B
- 6 gallons Elite 78 Auxiliary
- Hang clean un-bagged (oxygen free or rolled phosphorized) anodes in tank. The use of phosphorized copper anodes is preferred.
- Add water to operating level, preferably 15 cm. (6") below tank rim, turn on agitation (air or solution recirculation) and filtration.
- Check pH. If above 9.5, lower to 9 with Sulphuric acid and if below 8.8, raise with cautious additions of Elite 78-B.
- Plate a rack of "dummy" panels under normal operating conditions to check solution performance.
Make-up of strike solution
Please note that the information above for this chemical is partial. Click the button below to request full technical information sheet.
- 18% Elite 78-MU
- 10 % Elite 78-C
- 5 % Elite 78- B
- 6 % Elite 78 Auxiliary
Request Technical Information Sheet